Feminist Quotes for Moms During National Women’s History Month
Feminist quotes for moms? That’s right! Becoming a mom is both a gift, and in some ways, a curse. It changes women in many ways: physically, emotionally, and mentally. There’s nothing quite as transformative as bringing another life into this world.
Look ladies, we understand, parenting isn’t always (or ever) easy. There are a lot of unexpected challenges moms face along their journey. From dealing with difficult behaviors to the unavoidable sleep deprivation that goes along with parenting–at times it can feel as if you have the world on your shoulders.
Moms! We know you are the sheros of this world. We believe in you and we’ve got your back. Need a little pick me up? Here are some inspiring, feminist quotes that will remind you why the parenting journey, motherhood and your role in it is so important.
The following are:
16 Inspirational, Feminist Quotes for Moms
1. “I want them to see a mother who loves them dearly, who invests in them, but who also invests in herself. It’s just as much about letting them know as young women that it is okay to put yourself a little higher on your priority list.” ~Michelle Obama
2. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” ~Maya Angelou
3. “Give your daughters difficult names. Give your daughters names that command the full use of the tongue. My name makes you want to tell me the truth. My name doesn’t allow me to trust anyone that cannot pronounce it right.”~Warsan Shire
4. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” ~ Oprah
5. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” ~Jill Churchill
6. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” ~Meryl Streep
7. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” ~Barbara Kingsolver
8. “[My mother] had handed down respect for the possibilities—and the will to grasp them.” – Alice Walker
9. “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them.” – Unknown
10. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
11. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
12. “This is how memories are made… by going with the flow.” ~Amanda Bynes
13. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
14. “Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don’t mean a thing.” – Toni Morrison
15. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” ~Lily Tomlin
16. “Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Take a moment to reflect on these quotes for moms when parenting seems the most difficult. You are a true warrior, shero, badass in the small eyes looking to you for guidance, as well as all those around you.