Roe v. Wade has been overturned by the Supreme Court leaving abortion laws up to each state. 26 states are moving fast to ban a woman’s right to safe and legal abortions. With over half of America’s states on the brink of taking away a woman’s bodily autonomy, it’s important that women’s rights activists come together to act even faster.
The following are states that already have bans in place or have trigger bans that were set in motion when Roe v. Wade was overturned. After you skim through them, check out the different ways you can make an actual difference in the fight for women’s reproductive rights.
States Banning Abortion
- Alabama—had a Pre-Roe ban in place. Post Roe you can expect a near-total ban.
- Arizona— set to ban abortion.
- Arkansas—has a trigger ban that will result in a near-total ban.
- Georgia—enacts a six-week ban.
- Idaho—has a trigger ban in place that will result in a ban after six weeks.
- Iowa—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Kentucky—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Louisiana—the trigger ban will result in a near-total ban.
- Michigan—set to ban abortion.
- Mississippi—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Missouri—will enstate a eight-weeks ban.
- North Dakota—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Ohio—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Oklahoma—the trigger ban will result in a near-total ban
- South Carolina—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- South Dakota—set to ban abortion.
- Tennessee—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Texas—will enstate a six-weeks ban.
- Utah—Trigger ban, Near-total ban
- West Virginia—Pre-Roe ban, State constitution bars protection
- Wisconsin—set to ban abortion.
- . Wyoming—set to ban abortion.
- Florida—likely to ban abortion.
- Indiana—likely to ban abortion.
- Montana—Likely to ban abortion
- Nebraska—Likely to ban abortion
Ways to Fight for Reproductive Rights that Actually Make a Difference.
From joining protests to boycotting corporations that support republicans or the anti-reproductive rights movement, I’ve put together a list of ways you can contribute to the fight for reproductive rights.
Boycott Businesses & Corporations That Give Money to Anti-Abortion Rights Candidates!
TikToker Shares Informational Spreadsheet!
I stumbled across a TikToker called Rainbowsprimkles who has undertaken the massive task of putting together a massive spreadsheet rating Corporations that are not aligned with her values (and mine too). She ranks each corporation by its donations to politicians and issues. Her ranking system includes these categories: Dem vs. Republican, anti-reproductive rights, pro-gun, anti-LGBTQ, and pro-oil. You can use this spreadsheet to boycott companies that are supporting politicians that are taking women and people with uteruses’ rights away.
Here is a link to the spreadsheet: Companies Supporting Anti Reproductive Rights Politicians.
Companies/Corporations that are Anti-Reproductive Rights
For quick reference, here is a list of the corporations currently giving money to politicians who are anti-reproductive rights:
- United Airlines
- Jet Blue
- American Airlines
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- O’Reilly’s Auto Parts
- Citizen Financial
- Wells Fargo
- Bank of America
- Rice a Roni
- Gain Tide
- Mr. Clean
- Banana Republic
- Old Navy
- Body Armor
- Costa Coffee
- Gold Peak Tea
- Minute Made
- Peace Tea Powerade
- Smart Water
- Topo Chico
- Vitamine Water
- Best Buy
- Cap N’ Crunch
- Life Cereal
- Pearl Milling Co
- Johnson & Jonson
- Ivory Soap
- Old Spice
- Oral B
- Pepto Bismol
- Herbal Essence
- Head & Shoulders
Support this creator by checking her out here and following them.
Find out Which Local Business Support Reproductive Rights
Research local businesses and put the pressure on businesses that don’t overtly declare their support for Reproductive Rights. Spend your money with local businesses that are loud and proud about their support.
Fight Back with Planned Parenthood
Planned parenthood offers many ways you can fight with them to take back our reproductive rights.
Hit the Streets
Here is a link to a map where protests across the country are taking place that you can join!
Amplify Reproductive Rights Messaging
Here is a link to all of the ways you can amplify Reproductive Rights messaging.
Donate to Organizations Fighting for Abortion Rights
Donate to Planned Parenthood here.
Donate to Access Reproductive justice here.
Donate to the National Network of Abortion Funds here